Take a decade in writing and publishing, add agency-side marketing experience and layer over a background in adult learning. I have a distinct user-focus and consumer perspective that’s invaluable to brands competing for eyes and dollars.
My career in online marketing began in 2004, when I started offering transcription, e-book conversions and direct response copywriting to some of the web’s first marketing gurus: Dan Kennedy, Yanik Silver, Russell Brunson, Mike Filsaime et al. Their mastermind calls and coaching sessions were my free education and a healthy source of home-based income while I started a family. At that time, I also ghostwrote for executives (mostly in software) and did freelance writing for SMBs. In a few short years, I’d written over 60 e-books, hundreds of online articles, and one financial guide published by Wiley & Sons.
In 2010, I was hired by an SEO company out of India to develop new international business and increase its brand recognition in key markets. In that role, I represented the brand online and onsite at events in Europe, Australia and in the Americas.
Seeking more time at home with my young family, I moved into two local positions: Online Marketing Manager with a full-service advertising agency, and Special Projects & Support with our local library and regional adult learning service. Over the next few years, I :
- developed online learning programs that were implemented across Ontario;
- organized the country’s first Transliteracy Conference for adult educators;
- built an online marketing division with SEO, PPC, social media and web design capabilities for the agency;
- authored over a dozen Indigenous Canadian educational books;
- served two years as Lead Writer with industry-leading online marketing publications Search Engine Watch and ClickZ, eventually going to to edit;
- developed and oversaw a blog content strategy with over two dozen authors for a Fortune 50 company, while on contract to an online marketing agency;
Over the last five years of my career, I’ve worked almost exclusively on retainer with a handful of long-term clients including WordStream, Rio SEO, the Government of Ontario (Ministry of Research & Innovation, Ministry of Economic Development, Trade & Infrastructure) and Quark Expeditions. Content development projects are managed through my agency, MEDIAau.com.
Today, I offer content consulting and auditing to brands looking to align their marketing to their customers’ journey and improve their content ROI.
Looking for the assistance of a seasoned marketer with proven writing and publishing chops? Let’s see how I can help.